Private Exclusive Real Estate
Just as your luxury home is one of a kind, the process of selling should be unique to you and your needs. At Long & Foster | Christie’s, we recognize that not all home sellers follow the traditional route when putting their home on the market. For some, a private exclusive listing, also known as pocket listing, can be the right method to sell their luxury home.
As a full-service real estate brokerage, Long & Foster | Christie's offers a variety of marketing approaches to meet our high-end clients' needs and develop a customized approach that works best for you individually. One of our experienced professionals can help you understand how a private exclusive listing works, so you can evaluate this approach and determine if it is right for you.
What is a Private Exclusive Listing?
A private exclusive is a home sale that is not listed on the multiple listing service (MLS), so it is not marketed to the greater public or other real estate brokerages en masse. Rather, it is sold off-market via more private marketing endeavors, including word-of-mouth and personal referrals among select agents that work with clients seeking high-end properties.
The property may be featured on that real estate company’s website, just as Long & Foster | Christie’s agents may showcase their private exclusive listings here and on Christie’s luxury-only site, but it is not listed on other real estate websites (for example, it may not be displayed on industry sites such as Zillow and Realtor.com).
Reasons to Consider Selling via Private Exclusive
For homeowners who place a high value on their security and privacy, as well as owners of exquisite high-value luxury properties, a private exclusive listing can be appealing. High-profile sellers—who may want to limit potential media coverage of their property sale, whether for business or personal reasons—benefit from the narrow yet targeted exposure their property will receive as a private exclusive.
While a standard sale places a property on thousands of websites for consumers and the media to see, a private sale reaches only a limited audience—often hand-selected by your luxury Realtor. With a private exclusive, your agent can focus their marketing efforts on a smaller, more select pool of qualified buyers, garnering valuable insights on the property and potentially selling it without having to open it to the world.
Not All Private Exclusives Are the Same: The Network Matters
While many firms may offer a private exclusive offering, Long & Foster | Christie’s luxury network works with more buyers and sellers of high-end properties. That means our approach can reach more eligible buyers on your behalf. Our real estate agents have access to an impressive network of Long & Foster I Christie’s associates with whom to share your listing, if desired, as well as numerous in-house marketing programs to generate interest in your home among those select buyers, who can otherwise be difficult to reach.
It’s all up to you—in collaboration with your Long & Foster | Christie's sales associate, you’ll decide which sales approach works best for your needs and develop a plan to achieve your goals.
A Long & Foster | Christie’s Private Exclusive Has Advantages
Long & Foster's exclusive affiliation* with Christie's International Real Estate brings exceptional service and knowledge to discerning buyers and sellers of luxury real estate. We're part of the leading network of brokers dedicated to the marketing and sales of luxury residential properties. Together, we offer an incomparable level of service under a brand that stands for trust, discretion and excellence.
Our luxury specialists, for example, have the ability to highlight your property on our exclusive luxury website, as well as on the Christie’s International Real Estate website*, which features only high-end homes from Christie’s affiliates globally. This offers a more targeted approach to reach exclusive home buyers.
Considerations When Deciding How to List
A private exclusive listing is not for everyone, and depending on the market conditions, a traditional sale may be the better option for you. Have a candid and open discussion with your Realtor about the reasons to sell privately and the benefits of a standard sale. Here are a few of the topics you will want to review:
- Your desired timeline for selling your home
- How much exposure you would like for your property
- Whether the current market favors buyers or sellers
- How quickly and for how much similar homes—if any—are selling
We Look Forward to Helping You Sell Your Home
Long & Foster | Christie’s associates offer options on how to sell your home—as a pocket listing or a standard sale—and we even offer options on how it’s marketed as a private listing, if you choose that approach.
Our focus is to make sure our clients are well educated and understand all the options available when it comes to selling their home. Whatever that choice, we’ll leverage our vast resources and networks to guide you toward a successful sale.
OPPORTUNITIES BEYOND WHAT YOU SEE HERE
Some of our clients require an even higher level of exclusivity when it comes to marketing their high-end property. These one-of-a-kind homes may not even be listed on our websites, but rather are promoted exclusively amongst our luxury-focused agents, who carefully vet potential buyers of these exceptional properties.
Our team often has insights on estates like these that are not officially on the market or available online. So feel free to browse our properties available on our sites, but if you do not see what you desire, contact us to find out how to leverage our extensive network on your behalf. Our team is dedicated to helping you find the luxury home that’s right for you.
1. Source: Information included in this report is based on data supplied by MRIS and its member Association(s) of REALTORS, who are not responsible for its accuracy, for all listing in its coverage area. Does not reflect all activity in the marketplace. January 1, 2017 — December 31, 2018. Luxury is defined as homes priced $1 Million and above. Information contained in this report is deemed reliable but not guaranteed, should be independently verified, and does not constitute an opinion of MRIS or Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc. ©2018 All rights reserved. Christie's International Real Estate in select areas.
2. Source: Based on data supplied by MRIS and its member Association(s) of REALTORS, who are not responsible for its accuracy. Does not reflect all activity in the marketplace. July 1, 2016 — June 30, 2017 as of August 8, 2017. Competitor 1 WFP, Competitor 2 TTR, Competitor 3 COMPASS, Competitor 4 CBRB/NRT. Luxury defined as homes priced $1 Million and above. Information contained in this report is deemed reliable but not guaranteed, should be independently verified, and does not constitute an opinion of MRIS or Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc. ©2017 All rights reserved. Christie’s International Real Estate in select areas.