I want to thank you for visiting my site and I would like to tell you a little about myself and how I work. Since getting into Real Estate I've enjoyed great success, no matter what the market conditions. While it's true that market conditions can certainly strain a buyer or seller, with the right tools you can manage through anything.
I have experience in marketing, contract negotiations and keeping hard deals together. I enjoy my work and cannot see myself doing anything else.
My Designations that I hold and the importance of each
TheAccredited Buyer Representative, ABR®, designation is the benchmark of excellence in buyer representation. This coveted designation is awarded to real estate practitioners by the Real Estate BUYER'S AGENT Council (REBAC) of the National Association of REALTORS®who meet the specified educational and practical experience criteria.
Ane-PRO is a REALTOR® who has successfully completed the e-PRO training program for real estate professionals. Endorsed by the National Association of REALTORS®, the e-PRO course teaches professionals the nuts and bolts of working with real estate on-line: Web sites, e-mail, on-line tools, and most of all, what today's consumer really wants.
A real estate agent is aREALTOR® when he or she becomes a member of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®, the world's largest professional association. The term "REALTOR®" is a registered collective membership mark that identifies a real estate professional who is a member of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® and abides by its strict code of ethics.
The Certified Residential Specialist® (CRS) is the professional designation offered by the Council of Residential Specialists. The highest designation awarded to sales associates in the residential sales field, the CRS designation recognizes professional accomplishments in both experience and education. Only 3% of all Real Estate Agents hold this Designation.
The SRES®Council trains REALTORS® to meet the special needs of maturing Americans when selling, buying, relocating, or refinancing residential or investment properties. The Council tracks senior-specific lifestyle and housing issues and educates REALTORS® who are making 50+ clients a part of their overall business plan. By earning the SRES® designation, REALTORS® are prepared to approach mature clientele with the best options and information for them to make life-changing decisions.
Seller Representative Specialist - is the premiere seller agency designation, conferred by the SRS council, recognizing Real Estate Professionals who have completed special education in their seller representation.
In Pennsylvania, in order to qualify to be a Broker, one must complete a state-licensed 240 hour Broker course (or equivalent) of broker education. In addition they must have at least 3 years of full-time employment (with total experience calculated by a points system with a minimum requirement) as a licensed PA Salesperson and pass the Pennsylvania Real Estate Broker License examination. Finally, they must submit to a state police criminal history check and receive a clearance from the PA Real Estate Commission.
Selling a Home
Home Selling Tips & Advice from James
Ready to sell your home? Sellers that take a hands-on approach are in a better position to accomplish their goals. Whether you're selling your home for the first time, or you're a real estate veteran, you may want to consider adopting the following suggestions:
1. Set the right price for your home
2. Use contemporary marketing to showcase your home's best assets
3. Small improvements can make a big difference
4. Start to pack to clear items out
5. Curb appeal curb appeal curb appeal!
6. Don’t fall for gimmicks
7. Hire the right agent!
What's important when selling your home?
1. Making sure your agent is a full time agent. An agent that does only Real Estate has the time to focus on selling your home and is available when you need them!
2. Marketing. This is perhaps the most important part of selling your home. If your home is not marketed to as many places as possible, the potential buyers may not know your home is for sale. Your agent should know where your home is listed and how to get you listed there. I will give you those places!
3. Understanding the contract. Not only does your agent need to market your home, they must also have a great understanding of how the contract works. The many loop holes and contingencies are important to ensuring an offer gets to a closing. I am a former Union Contract Negotiator and have experience in writing and negotiating the terms to favor my clients.
4. An agent with a proven track record. I've been a Multi-Million Dollar producer for several years and have earned many awards, including several International Sterling Awards. Even when the market is down homes do sell.
5. Pricing your home for the current Markets. Again, this is a very important step that should not be taken lightly. Think about what you will want out of a home in the future. You want to buy the best house at the lowest price. When you have several homes in your immediate area competing with you, this is the rule to remember. This doesn't mean you want to sell your home for the lowest price possible, but remember that overpricing can really hurt you in the end. The longer your home sits and the bigger the price drops are, the more buyers may wonder what could be wrong with your home.
6. Staging your home to look its best. This is a sometimes looked over step. You want your home to look the best it can, and so do your buyers. Neutral paint, clean carpets, polished counters are all important, but so much more can be done. I will help you decide what furniture may need to be moved, what cabinets need more items removed and even small items to add some color and finishing looks to a room.
7. Don't fall for gimmicks. My goal and more important, my job, is to sell your home. I do not use gimmicks to lure you in with promises that are not what they seem to be. If something seems too good to be true, it probably is. I focus my attention on trying to sell your home which is why you hired me in the first place.
8. Working for you even after the deal. I pride myself not only on making sure you get to settlement with as little to deal with as possible, but also being there after settlement when questions come up. I am happy to assist where I can!
Specialties and Designations
New Construction, Works With First Time Home Buyers, Specializes in Relocations, REO Properties, Resale Residential, Suburban Living, Single Family Homes and Townhomes, Associate Broker, SRS
CRS, ABR, e-PRO, SRES