Selling When the Market is "Hot"
Even though we are hearing the market is “Hot”, taking the time to prepare your home for the market with small improvements will make your home sell faster and for more cash.
Here are 6 ideas to consider:
- Spruce up outside. Whether its leaves in the fall or snow in the winter, make sure your home’s yard and walk-way are welcoming.
- If carpeting is showing its wear and age and needs replacing think about installing hardwoods instead. This may not be as important to consider in bedrooms, but family rooms and other shared space may be worth it.
- Fix windows and doors so they operate properly and don’t squeak or stick.
- Fresh paint on the walls in a neutral tone makes a huge difference. Paint over any dark hues in particular. If trim work is in good shape and does not need paint just a quick wash will do.
- Clean out your cabinets and check that any loose drawers, hardware or shelves are properly secured.
- Modern lighting can have a huge impact and be worth the investment. Change out dated fixtures.
For more information about how YOUR HOME in particular will show to its best advantage, please give me call.